Thursday, January 11: 2 pm - 10 pm
Friday, January 12: 8 am - 10 pm
Saturday, January 13: 8 am - 10 pm
Sunday, January 14: 10 am - 3 pm
WE WILL RESCHEDULE IF THE WEATHER DOES NOT COOPERATE. REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AFTER DECEMBER 25, 2017. You will NOT be let in any sooner than the above times. No exceptions.
South Slope Community Center, 980 N. Front St., North Liberty Click here for a map
$100 cash or check, $110 Visa or MasterCard
You can mail your payment to:
Peg Griffin-Wood, 3915 West Overlook Road NE, Iowa City, IA 52240
PLEASE PUT YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON YOUR CHECK!Or call:
The Sleep Inn located at 485 Madison Ave. in North Liberty has special rates for Common Threads customers. Call them at 319-665-2700 to make your reservations. Ask for the special rate for the Common Threads Sew-In.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Please park in the lot, not in the spaces close to the building. This area is for staff who will be
coming and going throughout the event. They are loading and unloading frequently.
- Check in at the kitchen to be entered in the drawings and to get your free gift.
- If you need help unloading, please come inside. We are happy to help.
- There are wagons and carts just inside then entrance for your use.
- Due to the amount of happy campers, we are unable to reserve your seats. You are welcome to rearrange as you see necessary.
- Irons, ironing boards and cutting mats are set up for your use. Please use pressing cloths if you are using adhesives. You must provide your own.
- We will have kits and small projects for sale as well as some notions. Credit cards are accepted but cash or check are preferred.
- Your projects
- Sewing machine (don't forget your cords!)
- Cutting tools and rulers
- Extension cord
- Small irons only
- Special chair or side tables
- Bill McArtor is available for massages
- Honed to Perfection will be available to sharpen scissors and knives
- Ann Lueck will offer some yoga for interested parties
- We try to accommodate special diets by offering a variety of healthy food choices. The price of the event is the same regardless of your participation in our meals.
- There will be water, iced tea and coffee will be readily available.
- Please bring your own soda
- Refrigeration is available to you as well as ice
- There is a table for grazing. If you would like to bring a treat to share, feel free. Be prepared to share your recipe!
- Suggestions are always welcome for meals
- Peg, your sisters, and occasionally a brother-in-law prepare the food. They do the best they can and hope you enjoy eating it as much as they enjoy preparing it.
- Menus will be posted
- We have a free project when you check in with Peg
- We have a community quilt that you will be given a piece of. For those of you who have been to the Sew-In before, you know this is Peg's way of getting you to mingle. The quilt top will be given away when it is complete.
- The kitted quilt will be a "Simple Pleasures" project. It is easy enough to complete during the Sew-In but we hope it also teaches you a new technique. It is a fabric we hope you like and have never seen before. There will be a free pattern included in the kit as well as a demonstration of the technique.
- We have a bag project this year as well as a small, but very useful paper piecing project.
- Project demonstrations will be scheduled and you are welcome to watch regardless of whether or not you purchase the kit. Kits are limited, so first come, first served.
- Peg will bring her t-shirt press and do a demonstration on preparing your t-shirts to make a quilt. If you would like to get started, we can help.
- The bag we are doing is interfaced and you are welcome to use the press for this project.
- Show & Tell is Saturday evening!
This event is a lot of work but provides Peg and crew with the opportunity to visit and catch up with all of you as well as each other. Thank you all for making this event a pleasure and a success for so many years! We can't wait until January!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Call me at 319-626-3160 or send me an email at email@example.com