Friday

Sew-In 2022

I hope this letter finds you all happy and healthy! I am ready to see you all and enjoy some great days of sewing!

I hope this letter finds you all happy and healthy! I am ready to see you all and enjoy some great days of sewing!It is hard to plan with a year like 2021. Even though this pandemic hit hard, you've all shown me just how resilient quilters are. You have been sewing like crazy! I have been quilting quilts that contain fabrics from 2004 when I first opened the shop. Where do you hide it all?!

Mark your calendars! The Sew-In is rescheduled and on the books at South Slope for March 10-13, 2022. Most of you put your deposit down at the last Sew-In and some have paid the entire $130. If you are unable to attend and would like a refund, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 3915 West Overlook Road NE, Iowa City, IA 52240, by January 31st. If you plan to attend, your balance of $120 is due by January 31st to the same address. Checks and cash only. 

2022 continues to disrupt normal activities with Covid 19. Your safety and health is my first concern. I am asking that anyone coming to the Sew-In be vaccinated and boosted or forfeit your place. No exceptions. I will not police this by asking for proof. Honesty is required. If you are not feeling well, please don’t attend. 

Masks are required. In fact, there will be prizes for the top three most creative masks. Get busy! 

We will be serving appetizers on Thursday, a large meal on Friday and Saturday at approximately 2 PM, and dessert to follow in the evenings. Brunch will be served on Sunday. 

Doors are open...
Thursday 
1:00 PM-10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 8:00 AM-10 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM

OHHHH the snacks...Please feel free to bring some but only have them at your table. No community table this year.

I cannot reserve seats but hope you find a group you feel comfortable with for the weekend.

We would like to celebrate the Sew-In by bringing you back to old times. Mary will do will do some sewing demonstrations and I will have a quilt planned with kits for sale. We do not have a quilt shop attending this year.

Show and Tell will be Saturday at 8 PM. If you have questions or concerns, I can be reached by text or by calling 319-626-3160. This is the best way to reach me. Please do not send messages through Facebook.

This is going to be a blast! See you all soon. Please follow us on Facebook for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment